Majesty of the Rockies
Explore Western Canada's Treasures, including the Rocky Mountains, on a 9-Day Guided Tour with Luxury Gold
- Package Details
- Terms and Conditions
Travel through the majestic Rocky Mountains embarking on a world-renowned train journey aboard the incredible Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service. Delight in immersive nature experiences setting foot on a glacier, hiking across canyons and alongside placid lakes punctuated by stays in the most luxurious mountain retreats and indulging in incredible cuisine.
Package Inclusions:CONCIERGE SERVICES, ON EVERY JOURNEY
TRAVEL CONCIERGE | DOOR-TO-DOOR TRANSFERS | FULL-SERVICE PORTERAGE | SMALL GROUP TOURS, 20 GUESTS ON AVERAGE | PERSONALISE YOUR DAY, WITH INCLUDED CHOICES
Your luxury guided holiday includes:
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travel Concierges and certified Egyptologist, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. See Notes in the pricing panel for exemptions.
- 8 nights in premium, luxurious accommodation
- GoldLeaf service onboard the Rocky Mountaineer train
- A total of 14 meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners
*Flights are not included - talk to your Travel Advisor about adding on airfares with your preferred carrier
Passport Moments | The unique golden threads that make up your journey
- Welcome Dinner in Banff: Meet your fellow travelers and Traveling Concierge for a Progressive Dinner in Banff. Enjoy a variety of courses, each served in a different hotel restaurant.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise: Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Château Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort.
- Tour the Columbia Icefield: Board the Ice Explorer for an exhilarating tour of the Columbia Icefield. Walk on the largest ice field in the Rocky Mountains and experience the enormous glaciers up close.
- Trefoil Lake BBQ with the Warrior Women: Join the Warrior Women in an intimate fireside meal with a spectacular view of Pyramid Mountain. Enjoy the open air and delicious barbeque as these First Nations Cree women share about their Indigenous culture through stories drumming and song.
- Meet the Warrior Women: Meet the First Nations Cree Warrior Women from the Sturgeon Lake Cree Nation. Learn about Indigenous spirituality, music and drumming as you engage in a fascinating conversation about the aboriginal culture of Canada.
- Maligne Canyon Walk: Your Travel Concierge will lead you on a hike through Maligne Canyon, the deepest canyon in Jasper National Park. Hikers of all levels can explore this scenic landmark by crossing six bridges that cross various points of the canyon.
- Goldleaf service dining: Savour every moment aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Goldleaf Service as you enjoy elegantly plated meals prepared with local ingredients.
- Celebration Lunch in Vancouver: Join a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience as you support Salmon N' Bannock, a local restaurant that’s owned and operated by members of Canada’s First Nations. Sample authentic, flavourful dishes with a modern twist, all prepared with traditional ingredients.
Day 1 - 9Itinerary:
Welcome to Banff
Your luxury tour of Canada begins at the iconic Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, a “Castle in the Rockies” in the heart of UNESCO World Heritage Site Banff National Park. Tonight, indulge in a dinner of exquisite local specialities on your culinary journey through a selection of the hotel’s finest restaurants. (D)
Banff at Leisure
Take the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain for a bird’s eye view of the Canadian Rockies, tee up at the stunning and world-renowned Banff Springs Golf Course to play nine holes of golf surrounded by breathtaking scenery or unwind to the calming sounds of rushing waterfalls and bubbling mineral pools at the Willow Stream Mineral Pools and Spa.
Lakes of Banff National Park
Take in Moraine Lake (in season) and bask in the natural beauty of this azure-colored lake tucked beneath 10 towering peaks. More astounding scenery awaits at Lake Louise. Stroll the lakeshore admiring a tumbling waterfall and perhaps a few daring rock climbers tackling the distant peaks. After lunch and the afternoon at your leisure, feast on the local specialties on an included Dine-Around evening at your Chateau Lake Louise. Then relax in your decadent, lakeview room before another big day.
Along the Icefields Parkway to Jasper
Travel the Icefields Parkway and step aboard an Ice Explorer with a Local Expert onto the gleaming white surface of the Athabasca Glacier. Meet the First Nations Warrior Women for an illuminating conversation about their Indigenous culture over a homecooked barbecue dinner with storytelling, drumming and songs.
Jasper National Park
Glide across the crystal waters of magical, glacier fed Maligne Lake past mountain peaks to Spirit Island, a remote destination only accessible by boat (seasonal). Or, pedal your way on the scenic trails of UNESCO World Heritage Site Jasper National Park to take in sights only visible from these winding paths. Journey to Maligne Canyon, the deepest canyon in the park for a walk on several of the scenic bridges crossing bubbling streams. Unwind this evening in your lodge where you’ll be surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife on this 700-acre luxury mountain resort on the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert.
Jasper to Kamloops
Enjoy majestic scenery in an unforgettable setting aboard one of the most famous train journeys in the world, the Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service. From your glass-domed coach or outdoor viewing platform, take in unobstructed views, be transported by engaging stories and spot wildlife, your journey enhanced by gourmet meals of locally sourced ingredients paired with local wines.
Kamloops to Vancouver
Ease into another glorious day with a gourmet breakfast in the exclusive dining room of your dome coach. Marvel at the dramatic changes in scenery while you dine on a three-course gourmet lunch before arriving in Vancouver. Your sustainably designed hotel welcomes you with its rooftop urban park in the heart of the city.
Take in the best of Vancouver touring downtown, the historic Gastown neighborhood and along the seawall of Stanley Park to see the First Nations totem poles of Brockton Point. You’re treated to an intimate historical and cultural immersion at Salmon n' Bannock savouring a Celebration Lunch prepared with traditional ingredients.
After breakfast you are transferred to Vancouver International Airport as your awe-inspiring luxury tour comes to an end.
Terms and Conditions Terms and Conditions apply: All prices are quoted in Australian dollars, based on per person double occupancy unless stated otherwise, and inclusive of all taxes and discounts. All prices & itineraries are current as at 10 October 2023 & subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change due to availability, currency fluctuations, fuel price, and tax increases. Price includes any stated bonus nights, upgrades & package savings, if applicable. All passports, visas, travel permits, and vaccinations are the responsibility of the travelling passenger to secure prior to travel. Airfares are NOT included in thispackage. Travel packages advertised may include multiple products provided by several suppliers to provide a travel itinerary. Each component of the package will be treated independent of each other, and the specific terms & conditions of each product supplier will apply. Hotels may charge resort fees, or a security bond not included or mentioned in this package, payable direct upon check-in.
Majesty of the RockiesIncludes:
- Excursions Included
- Accommodation Included
- Tours Included