Experience the Majesty and Mystery of Japan During an 11-Day Guided Tour with Luxury Gold
- Package Details
- Terms and Conditions
Be captivated by the beauty and traditions of Japan during this 11-day guided tour. Travel to Kyoto, a cultural hub for the country, where you can bask in the serenity surrounding the iconic Golden Pavilion. See the Giouji Temple — a Buddhist place of worship set amidst a moss-covered forest — and feast on a traditional Kyo-Kaiseki lunch as you watch an apprentice geisha perform beside you. In Tokyo, choose to make decadent sushi rolls using the finest quality fish during a private cooking class or join a Local Expert and explore the fashionable Omotesando and Harajuku neighborhoods before sampling a local lunch. Then discover the river valley of the Oirase Gorge, walking along its crystal-clear waters while marveling at the amber leaves that surround you. Later, journey to a local brewery for a private sake tasting and behind-the-scenes tour, led by a sake brew master.
Package Inclusions:Concierge Services, On Every Journey
Travel Concierge | Door-To-Door Transfers | Full-Service Porterage | Small Group Tours, 20 Guests On Average | Personalise Your Day, With Included Choices
Your Luxury Guided Holiday Includes:
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travel Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- 10 nights in premium accommodation
- A total of 24 meals: Breakfast daily, 9 lunches & 5 dinners
Alternate travel dates available, price flucuations apply
Flights are not included, talk to your Travel Advisor about adding on airfares with your preferred airline
Passport Moments | The unique golden threads that make up your journey
- Meet a Survivor of the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb: Experience a truly poignant travel moment, as you meet a survivor of the 1945 Hiroshima atomic bomb, which destroyed most of the city during World War II and changed world history forever.
- Kyoto Highlight Lunch with Geisha Performance: Enjoy a performance by a Maiko, an apprentice Geisha, skilled in the art of classical dance and entertainment, as you savour a Highlight Lunch of traditional Kyo-Kaiseki cuisine. Admire the balance of taste, texture and colour in this Kyoto speciality.
- Meet a Traditional Inn Owner at Matsushima Bay: Meet the owner of a traditional Japanese inn set in the dazzling Matsushima Bay, which has inspired poetry over the centuries. Hear more about her life and local traditions in the pine covered islands as you cruise between them.
- Oirase Private Sake Tasting with Brew Master: Enjoy a rare opportunity to meet a brewmaster, Takumi Sato, and learn about the essence of sake in a special guided visit of his brewery. Share some of the sacred drink of Japan in the stunning surroundings of Oirase.
- Oirase Keiryu: Ideally situated moments away from the serene Oirase Keiryua stream, the Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel is a luxurious resort hotel and offers spacious bedrooms, five-star facilities and easy access to natural hot springs situated in the nearby forest.
- Tokyo Hoshinonaruki Celebration Dinner: Tradition meets innovation as you enjoy a fine dining experience with new friends at Hoshinonaruki. Using age-old Japanese culinary techniques and seasonal ingredients, this is a dining experience that truly brings the flavour of the country to life.
Day 1-11Welcome to Osaka, Japan
Enjoy a private transfer to your five-star hotel to begin your Japan luxury tour. Tonight, awaken your tastebuds with tempura and sushi over stunning views over Osaka’s skyline.
Highlights of Osaka
Take in 360-degree city views from the Floating Garden Observatory in the skyscraper, Umeda Sky. Discover Osaka’s foodie hub of Dotonbori Street and try the local specialty, Takoyaki.
A Local Perspective on Hiroshima
Arriving in Hiroshima by Shinkansen (bullet train), explore Peace Memorial Park and Museum and meet a survivor who will share moving insights. Indulge in Okonomiyaki pancakes before arriving in Kyoto.
The Temples and Geisha of Kyoto
Marvel at the Zen Buddhist temple Kinkakuji’s famed Golden Pavilion, Giouji Temple and take a quiet stroll through a grove of bamboo and maple trees. In the Gion district, dine on classic Kyo-Kaiseki cuisine and appreciate the talents of an apprentice geisha.
Mt. Fuji and on to Tokyo
Board the bullet train to Mishima for spectacular views of Mount Fuji and admire its reflection in Lake Kawaguchi. Visit Itchiku Kubota Art Museum or revel in mountain views from the Kachi-Kachi Ropeway cable car.
Explore Traditional Tokyo
Visit the Tokyo National Museum and Meiji Jingu Shrine. Learn to make sushi with a Master Sushi Chef or explore Omotesando and Harajuku. Tailor your evening at a restaurant specialising in Shabu-shabu or Teppanyaki.
Journey to Sendai
Hear insights into island life in Sendai, joining the owner of a local inn for a fresh seafood lunch. A private cruise shows off the impressive views of Matsushima Bay before a traditional tea ceremony.
Tsugaru and Hirosaki Castle
At Hirosaki Castle, meet a cherry blossom doctor. Explore the Tsugaru-han Neputa Village and watch skilled craftsman. Enjoy a private performance of traditional Tsugaru Shamisen guitar and Taiko drumming.
Discover Japan’s nature haven of Oirase Gorge’s, admiring its waterfalls and crystal-clear streams. Enjoy a soothing Onsen bath in the nearby forest before ending the day with sake brew master Takumi Sato for a private VIP tasting and brewery tour.
The Highlights of Tokyo
Explore the Senso-ji Buddhist Temple, visit Nakamise Street and Kappabashi, Tokyo’s foodie hub. Celebrate your travels over fine dining at Hoshinonaruki.
Your Osaka to Tokyo luxury tour ends with your private car to Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward journey.
Terms and Conditions Terms and Conditions apply: All prices are quoted in Australian dollars, based on per person double occupancy unless stated otherwise, and inclusive of all taxes and discounts. All prices & itineraries are current as at 03 October 2023 & subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change due to availability, currency fluctuations, fuel price, and tax increases. Price includes any stated bonus nights, upgrades & package savings, if applicable. All passports, visas, travel permits, and vaccinations are the responsibility of the travelling passenger to secure prior to travel. Airfares are not included in the in the advertised price. Travel packages advertised may include multiple products provided by several suppliers to provide a travel itinerary. Each component of the package will be treated independent of each other, and the specific terms & conditions of each product supplier will apply. Hotels may charge resort fees, or a security bond not included or mentioned in this package, payable direct upon check-in.
- Excursions Included
- Accommodation Included
- Tours Included
- Transfers Included